Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Matt's Garden


The ocra plants are really really tall

and our pumpkin is really really fat.

Squash

Apples

Ocra and Cherry Tomatoes

Carrots








It is no secret that Matt loves the outdoors. Anytime he gets a chance, he is fishing or hunting. Another outdoor passion of Matt's has been gardening. He has planted several gardens since I have know him, and every year we have been living in this house, he has wanted to plant a really big one. This year he planted: corn, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, ocra, squash, watermelon, pumpkin, carrots, peas, beans, potatoes, and sweet potatoes. A BIG garden. He has spent many a nights tending to the garden, and though I complain about how much time it takes up, I do enjoy fresh food.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO impressed! It totally puts my little redneck swimming pool garden to shame! Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY! That is all I have to say after looking at those pics! ;)

    ReplyDelete