Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July Fun

This weekend was so much fun, Matt and I haven't gone to see fireworks on the 4th for three years. I think the last time we went, I was pregnant with Ella. This year, we thought for sure that Ella was old enough to stay out late and she would really love seeing fireworks for the first time. We have told her for days that she was going to get to go, and she would say " Yeah, I want to." However, I knew she had no idea what we were talking about. So, on Friday night, we made our way to downtown Kennesaw, through the mass crowd of people, and found our seats. I have to say, she was very patient waiting for the fireworks to start. When they first started she was very scared and Daddy sat and held her ears for her. There were times when I would look over and she had her eyes covered. "Too bright, mommy." Once the fireworks ended she told me that she really liked watching them as if the noise and bright lights had never bothered her. Next year I think she will be a pro.














2 comments:

  1. To this day, Caleb and Lily HATE fireworks...they are too loud...they always cry...so we stick with sparklers! Looks like you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby's ears were covered the entire fireworks show. She hates anything that is loud. We laugh saying she has "super" hearing. ;)

    ReplyDelete