Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother's Day

Well, the first part of my mother's day is king of amusing, because my husband likes to give me a hard time. This is only amusing, because it ended well.

So, I have been asking my hubby for a locket for a few years now. This year, I picked one out and emailed him the link and photo. Yes, I am that girl. Anyways, on Saturday, Matt had presents wrapped up from the girls, and he had them all excited to give me their hand colored wrapping paper presents. From Ella, I received a toaster, and from Wren I received a can-opener. With excitement and joy, I thanked my girls for their gifts and kindly asked my husband if he had a gift for me?

"No, but I did write you a little note on the chalkboard."
Side note: we have a chalkboard stuck to the inside of our bathroom medicine cabinet. Just a little one that we often will write little notes on to each other.

Now, if you know me at all, I will tell you that I am all about the practical gifts. In fact, in the past, Matt and I have skipped the gift giving at holidays to buy things that we needed. This however, was not one of those times.

Back to the story...
So, I put my gifts away, and decided that it was time for dinner and baths, and my husband was in the dog house. After baths, he says, " will you go read my note, it is a really good one." So I do, and there it is, a small little box with none other than my beautiful locket.

Thanks babe for my locket and the pain in my neck. I Love You!






The second part of our day was spent over at Red Top. This time, we were joined by my mom, sister, and brother. We hiked, played frisbee, and had a picnic dinner. It was a very relaxing, fun day.


No comments:

Post a Comment