Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Infamous Oscar

Our Dachshund has been apart of our family since 'The Duvalls' first came to be. I begged Matt to get me him a month after we were married. I remember going to pick out which puppy we wanted, and it was between Oscar and one other puppy. I remember that the other puppy was very hyper; running in circles and barking. Oscar however, was so quiet and very shy. I said to Matt, " we should get this one, he is so calm and would make the better puppy." Now, seven years later, I often wonder what that other dog is like today?

Oscar totally had us fooled, and I like to refer to him as our trouble making dog. Since having Oscar, he has swallowed everything imaginable, peed on many house guests, had stitches multiple times, and has had to wear a cone for his many injuries more times than I can remember, not to mention he is the smell est thing ever.

Meet Oscar...

Throughout the years, Oscar has kept us entertained and our laps warm.



He also carries a very bizarre habit. He loves to be comfortable and warm. He goes to great lengths to accomplish this, and he is always on the look out for a warm place to sleep.



Even more impressive, he has taught our Chihuahua to bury himself under blankets.

Yes, I am serious.

Anyways, I thought I would share about our infamous Oscar. If you have ever met him, you will never forget. He probably peed on you, and I am extremely sorry.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot tell you how many times I have almost squished our dog, Bella. She hides so good in blankets on the sofa that I just assume they are "dog free." It must be a little dog thing to bury under blankets and stay warm. And, she is always in the sun when possible. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its crazy to watch, they have gotten really good at it.

    ReplyDelete