Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Deck

We are so excited to be starting the building process for our backyard deck. It has been a long time in the savings, and it is finally time to begin the process.
This past Tuesday, Matt, my brother Justin, and myself began digging holes for the concrete.
13 to be exact, and I did the least amount of digging, and I was so sore.




On Thursday, Matt, my dad, and our friend Zach began the amazingly hard, dirty process of filling the thirteen, three foot deep holes with concrete. I felt really bad for those boys working all day in the hot sun. I told them we would repay them with a soak in the future hot tub.




On day three, they started to frame.

And this is their progress at the end of Day 4.



And Day 5




Finally, after fourteen hard days of work, our deck is complete.





No comments:

Post a Comment