Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Blogger Award?

Okay, so I guess I have been honored with a blogger award by my good friend Meredith from ourprettypinkworld.blogspot.com The honor was recently passed to her, and she in turn passed it along to me. I remember before I started blogging, I thought this would be a great way to keep up with memories I would have other wise forgotten. But did I have the time? Meredith convinced me I did, so I did. Anyways, the extent of this award is to share seven random things about myself that I know my devoted followers would love to know about me.


1. I am a very scheduled, by the rules kind of person in my day to day life. But, there is a side of me where I love being out of my element. Although the unknown scares me, it also excites me. In saying this, I would love to travel all over the world. Not as a tourist in a resort, but actually being in countries and seeing how other cultures live. I hope to one day have the money to travel the world with my husband.

2. I am SUPER super competitive. I don't know how I picked up this trait, but I can't remember ever not being this way. I love playing any game or sport, and with only one thing in mind. To win. I really think what I like is the skill, thought, and challenge it takes in order to pursue the win.

3. I am so afraid of two things; public speaking and heights. Seriously, when I know I have to say something in front of large crowd I instantly get butterflies in my stomach, blood rushes to my face (causing redness), and I break out into a cold sweat. Also, I am so afraid of heights I can barely climb a ladder. I get a few pegs up, and I freeze.

4. From 1st grade until 3rd grade my family lived in Nebraska. When I think about my favorite memories from childhood, I think about living there. Still today, I think it is why I love snow so much.

5. If I had a dollar for every time someone commented on how blond my hair is or how non-tan my skin is, I would be a stinking millionaire. There is something about the obvious that people can't help but comment on or feel the need to point out. I get that natural blonds are rare, but seriously.




6. I could live on chocolate. Chocolate ice cream, cake, milk, or just straight up. I will not pass on it. I should buy stock in Hershey.

7. I have known Matt for more than half of my life. When I think of how God had planned our life long togetherness before we even understood its out come is amazing. You just never know what kind of impact another person may have in your life when you first meet them. When I met Matt we were friends who's families attended the same church. Than husband and wife seven years later.


So, now you know a little more about me. Scary, I know.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing....and I've never noticed your blonde hair before. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun! Thanks for participating! I loved the 7 random things. I totally get the public speaking thing....I hate that...I turn the color of Santa's red suit. And, yes...everyone always states the obvious. Never really thought about it like that, but it is really annoying, isn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete