Friday, February 19, 2010

Bye Bye Passy


About seven months ago, Ella officially gave up her passy. It was without a fight, cry, or relapse of any kind. When she was a baby she could not sleep without it. If she lost it in the middle of the night, everyone knew about. In fact, we spent most nights searching for it behind or under the bed. So when she volunteered to give it up I was quite sceptical. However, she proved me wrong and seemed to become a big girl overnight. It happen so fast, and right before my eyes. Although I think my eyes were closed, because I didn't realize it happened until it was too late.

The reason I am writing this story down months after it happened, is because I held on to her passy for sentimental reasons. Just the other day, Wren found it and pulled it out of the cabinet it was in. Matt picked it up and said, "oh this is Ella's old passy, we need to throw it away."

Now I am not usually sentimental with physical items. I think a picture will suffice when it comes to remembering memories. But for a second I thought. NO!! That is my baby's.

So, I thought I would write about the life of this purple and pink piece of plastic and give it a place in Duvall history.

Farewell passy, and farewell to my baby Ella.

1 comment:

  1. I had a stash of Alanna's and Abby's old pacifiers until a few months ago. I could not throw them away as well. It is weird how you react to such ridiculous things when you are a Mom. I am glad I am not alone. Oh...I even saved each of the girls "first" pacifiers. ;) I will never throw those away.

    ReplyDelete