Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Over the River and Through the Woods....

Granny's is a place that I hold a million fond, childhood memories of. My brother and I spent childhood summers here when we would visit my Dad. Here we played for hours in the woods with my cousins, helped shuck and shell corn and peas, and spent time with great-grandmothers, Uncles and Aunts, and of course Granny. Over the years, this place has seen countless changes, but I love bringing my husband and now my girls to this place I love so much.



For the past eight years, we have made Copeland, Alabama our Thanksgiving get-a-away. Granny can always be found in the kitchen. I swear, I think I gain 30lbs each time we go. She will make full on country breakfast, lunch, and dinner.









In between all the meals we find ourselves outside enjoying in the clean country air and playing games.



I caught Matt picking up pecans





My Dad actually grew up on this farm, and tells great stories about what happened here.

This is the first time my Dad has been able to come for Thanksgiving since we have been coming, and it was so much fun to have him there.



After dinner, we decided to have a bonfire.



My Aunt Rhonda gave the girls early Christmas presents. They are so spoiled.


Finally, the nights end with hours and hours spent at the kitchen table playing games. It is an unspoken rule, that when dinner is over everyone finds their seat to play whatever game is up for play.
Overall, this Thanksgiving was great. Good food, good fun, and great family moments made into more memories.


















1 comment:

  1. OK...seriously, Girl...you take some FAB-U-LOUS pictures!!! Love the frisbee and fire one! You are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete